40 the strand - london
TAP were employed to monitor the CAT A modifications and to design the very specific requirements for Bain & Company to 80,000 sq2 net office space. The project included the full strip out then CAT A installation followed by the CAT B installation for Bain & Company.
Systems and designs are consistent with London specification and the very specific requirements of the tenant.
New energy efficient systems were installed complete with EC/DC fan coils with matrix control and PI CV and energy management systems such as lighting controls.
Bain & Company brief – leading edge building, reduced energy footprint, good environmental credentials and sustainability.
Project Solutions / Achievements
- Achieved VERY GOOD rating under BREEAM assessment.
- Low energy 4 pipe EC fan coil system with high efficiency chillers – reduced plant sizes, reduced energy consumption, lower operating costs.
- High levels of acoustic performance between offices and in meeting rooms required very good design detailing.
- Extensive use of AV and VC to enable office to office meetings and reduce interoffice travel.
- New lighting installation gives good ceiling contrast and improves internal space greatly. Extensive use of LED light sources.
- Integrated controls systems gives optimum control and perimeter daylight sensing and absence detection.
- Full comms room with centralised UPS and external roof mounted standby generation system.
- Major catering and staff restaurant facility at 1st floor including a town hall for staff interaction and regular presentations from senior management.
- Full gymnasium and wellness suite as basement level.