TAP were appointed to design the fit-out of Mishcon de Reya’s new head-office consisting of 120,000 ft2 net office space. The project comprised the full CAT B fit-out of Africa House, a landmark building in Holborn, to provide high quality office accommodation for more than 450 fee earners plus support staff.
Existing energy efficient systems were utilised such as EC/DC fan coil units with pressure independent control valves (PICV) and energy management systems such as lighting controls.
The new accommodation comprises seven floors of cellular offices, a new client lounge and meeting suite, war rooms and a staff hub. The Grade II listed main entrance was given a face lift with new feature lighting and TV screen. A new main comms room and associated satellite rooms were also provided.
Project Solutions / Achievements
- Relocated and supplemented low energy EC/DC fan coil unit system to suit the CAT B layout.
- New services provided to support main and satellite comms rooms, full catering kitchen and new toilets.
- Additional fresh air to meeting and war rooms.
- Underfloor power system installed throughout, complete with data containment.
- Existing CAT A lighting scheme modified, supplemented with new lighting and lighting systems to client lounge and meeting suite.
- Extensive use of LED light sources incorporating presence detection.