Farnborough Aerospace park
A major refurbishment of two buildings on the Farnborough Aerospace Park rebranded as Ascent 1 and Ascent 3 providing circa 110,000ft2 of office accommodation.
This design and build project involved extensive façade works and conversion of an internal courtyard to an atrium. The existing MEPH services were completely stripped out including central plant and replaced with new energy efficient solutions allowing multiple self-contained tenancies. The existing lifts in both buildings were fully refurbished with additional lift provision provided for Ascent 1.
Working closely with Workplane Lightplanning feature lighting was incorporated into the new atrium and spacious receptions for each building as well as new lighting to the external car parks associated with each building.
TAP remained client side for the construction period working closely with Hale Architecture and Paragon project management to ensure the ER’s were delivered to provide a vibrant and comfortable working environment.
Project Solutions / Achievements
- New central air handling units incorporating heat recovery and new ductwork distribution throughout.
- High efficiency heat recovery VRV systems.
- LED lighting throughout incorporating full lighting control.
- New power distribution throughout.
- New fire alarm, security and access control systems.
- New BMS incorporating extensive energy monitoring package for all services.
- BREEAM ‘Excellent’ achieved.