kings wharf, reading - the carbon building cat a
A new prominent office building of 27,500 sq ft in the heart of Reading town center, Just a stone’s throw from Reading’s fantastic amenity offering.
Following on from a number of projects recently delivered for Royal London, TAP were delighted to continue our successful relationship with the appointment to carry out the Cat A&B fit-out project at the Carbon Building in Reading. The project involved a comprehensive strip out of all services back to the cores followed by the Cat A fit-out of the four upper levels and a Cat B fit-out of the ground floor. The ground floor was completely redesigned to allow the incorporation of shower/changing facilities as well as the creation of a new entrance and relocation of the existing main reception area to give greater prominence.
Project Solutions / Achievements
- Exposed services solution.
- High efficiency heat recovery VRV system with non-metallic ductwork distribution.
- New central air handling unit incorporating heat recovery.
- LED lighting throughout incorporating full lighting control.
- New power distribution boards throughout.
- New fire alarm, security and access control systems.
- New BMS incorporating energy monitoring software.
- BREEAM ‘Very Good’ Achieved.