rs 9 carnaby, the rolling stones retail experience
The Anslow Partnership worked very closely with GH+A Design of Montreal, RMC Retail and the Wheeler Group, in collaboration with #Bravado and #UniversalMusicGroup in the design and development of the Flagship RS 9 Carnaby; the first retail store for the iconic Rolling Stones in Carnaby Street, London.
We were responsible for the building services design, which involved the electrical and mechanical services, the lighting design and coordination of the exposed services. We also led the design for the ‘audio-visual experience’ which provides a real Rolling Stones ‘show experience’, whilst celebrating the greatest living Rock n’ Roll band in the world. The store provides a modern space with a real ‘backstage feel’ which echoes with the Rolling Stones fans, through music, fashion clothing and exclusive limited-edition merchandise. The video screen wall at the rear of the store showcases the band’s history up to and including their most recent ‘No Filter’ tour in 2019.
The Rolling Stones brand was thoughtfully translated into every part of the design from the selection of the architectural finishes, through to the LED spotlighting and ‘sprayed-out’ exposed building services, whilst featuring a number of very bespoke elements like the soundwave sculpture which represents the opening to the classic Rolling Stones song ‘Paint It Black’.
Sympathetic Design Approach The project has been sympathetically designed with the Rolling Stones heritage reflected throughout and we are very proud to have been a part of this iconic project and brand. The store was designed and built within budget and on time by a very dedicated design and construction team to the ‘Satisfaction’ of the client.
Project Solutions / Achievements
- Exposed ceiling and building services solution to all open plan retail areas.
- Lighting Control system incorporating multiple scenes, with LED accent lighting throughout.
- Reception/event space incorporating a fully programmable LED show lighting array.
- Air conditioning is supplied by 2 x VRV fan coil systems. Fresh Air ventilation supplied by Ground Floor ductwork with heat recovery VAM units to suit both the Ground Floor and Basement spaces.
- Extensive AV installation providing the Rolling Stones audio visual experience via the 6 x 86” 4K screen array.
- Audio content delivered from the AV rack through high-end B & W amplification and sound reinforcement.