Capita - The Copyright Building, London (Derwent and Displacement Vent)
The Anslow Partnership were appointed to design the CAT B Fit-out at Copyright Building on behalf of Capita. The new building is located 27 – 33 Berners Street, London W1 and was developed by Derwent London and leased by Capita for their new London Headquarters.
The project included the monitoring of the Cat A fit-out and the subsequent modification of the Cat A MEP installation serving seven floors of office accommodation to suit the proposed new office layout to the client’s requirements.
The new layout comprised of open plan office space, cellular offices, meeting rooms, breakout areas, tea points, a staff canteen, a comms room and on floor IT patch rooms. The Fit-out also incorporated the bespoke design and adaptation of the First Floor Cat B cellular office space to accommodate a ‘cutting edge’ Media Presentation Studio.
Project Solutions / Achievements
- Chilled ceiling system
- Perimeter trench heating and cooling system
- Displacement ventilation solution
- DX cooling in Comms and Patch rooms
- Leak Detection
- Reconfiguration of the air conditioning systems to provide comfortable environmental conditions.
- New state of the art interactive collaborative meeting space (Media Presentation Studio).
- New BMS control upgrade to provide a good level of user control and flexibility.
- Contemporary office design to create a shared desk/ ‘hot desk’ environment.
- Design based on a high level of sustainability and Energy Efficiency.
- Use of low energy LED lighting and bespoke LED feature lighting.
- New DALI addressable lighting control system with daylight linking and user interface.
- New underfloor power and structured cabling to provide flexibility to provide future churn.
- Modifications to the existing fire an integration of new access control security and WAP systems.