The Place, Manchester, Apart/Hotel/Restaurant
The Anslow Partnership were appointed to design and develop the full Shell & Core MEP Services installation for this mixed-use Boutique Aparthotel. The project consisted of the complete design-development for the MEP Services infrastructure, as well as a ‘World Class’ Show-kitchen and Restaurant, a Cinema, branded Gym and 166 x apartments across the 7 levels of the Hotel.
The London Warehouse is the Native Groups first Flagship Aparthotel in Manchester and provides a boutique hotel environment with a vibrant Ground Floor shared work-space, designed to suit Manchester’s fashion design and creative quarter.
The Ground floor provides a comfortable and vibrant environment, comprising a mixture of shared workspaces, intimate booths, with ad hoc hot-desk spaces and café seating.
The Restaurant demise includes a Show Kitchen and two preparation Kitchens, a spacious open plan Restaurant and 3 Private Dining Rooms as well as a fully-stocked Cocktail Bar.
The existing electrical and mechanical systems were completely stripped-out and re-designed to meet the requirements of the Boutique Hotel and entirely remodelled to suit the Native Group’s ‘Warehouse style’ aspirations.
Innovative Design Approach
The entire Aparthotel space consists of cohesive and seamless connectivity between the Ground Floor Shared Workspaces the Coffee klatch, the Restaurant & Bar, the Private Dining Rooms, the Cinema and Blok Gym with Yoga Studio, Dance Studio, Boxing Gym, both male & female changing rooms and showers. Offices and staff welfare areas were also a feature of the Ground Floor and Mezzanine back of house areas. Ground floor exposed services were installed at high-level to echo the London Warehouse’s industrial heritage.
Project Solutions / Achievements
- Exposed MEPH services to all open plan Ground Floor areas incorporating LED feature lighting throughout.
- Mixture of VRF and fan coil system solutions to suit the various Ground floor spaces.
- Ground Floor Private Dining/ Meeting Spaces incorporating close control air conditioning and LED feature lighting.
- Extensive IT installation to all shared workspace locations, private dining/ meeting and collaboration areas incorporating room booking system.
- Specialist ‘all seating’ Cinema with High quality Surround Sound.
- Ground Floor AV System incorporating ‘multiple-zone’ controls
- Ground Floor Lighting Control System providing dedicate scene controls and zone controls.